With the new year, we try to keep the purposes that we set before the chimes. From Pierrot we take advantage to propose a series of purposes related to your oral health. Following these simple guidelines we will improve our dental health and avoid some other annoyance for this 2018. We promise that you will not want to stop fulfilling them after 15 days as it happens with other purposes …
- Brushing your teeth after each meal: Although it seems obvious, sometimes we do not have a daily routine of proper brushing. For proper oral hygiene, we should brush our teeth after every meal (or at least twice a day). If at work you are often forgotten, surely with one of our dental kits you find it much easier to fulfill this first purpose.
- Flossing: As of this 2018, dental floss is your indispensable ally. The right thing to do is use it every time we brush our teeth, but if it is not, at least once a day. Choose your dental floss Think of your smile !!
- Renew the toothbrush: As we discussed in another article of our blog, it is recommended to change the toothbrush every 3 months, because -although we do not see it with the naked eye- it deteriorates and loses its effectiveness. It is also important to change it whenever we have been sick. If you have spent a Christmas with a cold … do not hesitate to change your toothbrush as soon as possible !!
- Avoid tobacco: The consumption of tobacco damages the mouth in many ways: it discolors the teeth, favors the appearance of decay and the retraction of the gums, as well as cancer of the throat, lung and mouth. Smokers are twice as likely to lose their teeth as non-smokers. If you smoke, do not think about it anymore and finish with that habit!
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet: Follow good nutrition is very important to maintain good oral health. A small tip: reduce the sugar you consume, your teeth will thank you.
- Drink more water. The intake of water is not only good for health in general, but also for dental health. Hydration helps to finish against dental plaque.
- Go to the dentist: It is essential to go to the dentist once or twice a year to prevent any dental health problems before they cause discomfort or require more complex or expensive treatment. Professional help is one of the most important preventive aspects to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Fulfilling these 7 purposes is easy and will make 2018 do not want to stop wearing an enviable smile.